Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baby Boy's Valentine Adventure...

Today is a very special day; at least that is what I am told.  My mama said I am her “Valentine” and she proceeded to smooch me AT LEAST a dozen times this morning.  I thought I’d humor her and reciprocate the gesture… 


She was very happy and told me I’m her, “handsome boy.”  C’mon Mom, don’t make me blush!



Then I was off for another fun-filled day at daycare. (I really am excited here.  Can’t you tell?)    


Upon arrival, I made my usual rounds saying hello to my buds.
“Hey, man!  How’s it going? I’ll see YOU at snack time!”


Then I began to look around the room and I noticed that all of the girls were dressed in pink and had hearts on their shirts.  That’s when I knew… I would have some choices to make! I needed a Valentine to call my own. It shouldn’t be too hard.  I mean… just look at me!


I started with proximity…  She seemed nice enough.



But she was going to play hard to get… At first she didn’t even look my way.



So I did the next logical thing… I picked up some blocks and banged them together in an effort to entice her with my musical prowess.  


Still nothing.  I decided we were better off as friends.  Then… as if out of nowhere, I felt a gentle breeze.  I looked behind me and there she was… 


I pulled out all my moves… Showed her my killer smile.  Shared with her my impressive range of single-syllable “words.”  You know, “ga,” “ba,” and my all time favorite, “da-da.” I even ever-so-gently tucked a blonde tuft of hair behind her perfect ear.


Could this be the Valentine I’ve been searching for?

   Yes it was! 

As I sit back and reflect on my attempts at finding love I only have this bit of advice for you… go for the girls that can’t crawl yet.  It’s like taking candy from a…

Happy Valentine’s Day to all my loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment