Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy, Healthy and Hungry

We are in a sweet spot right now where Baby Boy is healthy and he is in the best mood ever!  When he is healthy he is a ball of energy and always giggling, exploring, and learning new things.  This past weekend was literally the first time we have been able to plan things for us to do as a family that did not include administering medication, impromptu baths after a vomit session, snuggling with our little guy because he was miserable, etc. (that last one really isn't a pain, it is the only part of a sick baby that I wish wouldn't go away once they feel better!)

So the three of us were back in tip-top shape and ready to get out of the house and have some fun!  Included in the day's fun was a trip to the Children's Museum, some quality time with extended family and of course, home cooked meals.

My husband and I made the most delicious chicken enchiladas that were so good we couldn't stop saying, "mmmm," or, "seriously, how good are these?!?"  I will be happy to share the recipe with you.  Let me know if you are interested.

For breakfast I made us a recipe I found for Pumpkin Cornbread Pancakes.  I seriously love this website because nothing makes me happier than making something delicious and healthy for my son to eat.  He loved these so much that we had to cut him off so he would have room for his bottle!  This is also a great recipe because it can be made easily with ingredients I always have on hand in the pantry.  I hope you like it as much as we did!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment