Monday, February 13, 2012

I will always love you...

It was very sad to hear the news of Whitney Houston's passing.  I don't know what was harder to take... the fact that she died or the fact that not many people were surprised.  You always want to see someone get better after going through some "tough times", especially those that have such great potential.  I hope she is at peace and my blessings go out to her family and friends.

As a child of the 80's I grew up listening to her music.  I was an avid dancer from the age of 5 and was even in the top level Company at my dance studio.  One year when I was 12 or 13, we did a number to "I will always love you."  It's funny how even though it was many years ago I still remember most of the dance.  Sometimes, when the song comes on the radio I won't change the channel and envision dancing to the song along with my peers.  That was the single most impressive number that my Company ever performed.  We won competitions and earned recognition as one of the best dance studio's in Colorado.  That song, that dance, and those memories are very dear to me.  Thanks, Whitney.

No comments:

Post a Comment