Saturday, February 11, 2012

WARNING:

There is a terrible, down right AWFUL commercial in circulation right now.  It is for Dreft laundry detergent.  You know, the detergent you are supposed to use when you have a newborn because it is gentle for their sensitive skin.  I am not alerting you to this horrendous commercial to point out that you do not need to purchase a "special" detergent to wash your newborns clothes and blankets with.  You simply need to have a sensitive detergent that is free of perfumes and dyes.  I am alerting you to this outrageous commercial because of the final line.  Brace yourself.  Are you sitting down???  As a mother of a 10 month old baby the following line shot through me like a dagger! 

"... you will have a child forever, but you will only have a baby for one year." 

I looked over at my 10 month old the first time I saw this wretched commercial and I literally burst into tears!  I'm serious.  Actual crocodile tears.  My son looked back at me and gave me his huge, scrunchy-faced smile... I scooped him up, kissed his gigantic cheek, placed him back down amidst his play zone of destruction and we proceeded to keep right on playing.

I only have a baby for two more months... (sigh) (sniff) (tear) 

No comments:

Post a Comment