Monday, February 17, 2014

Too Much of A Good Thing Does Exist When it Comes to Parenting via the Internet

I'm over at Mile High Mamas today talking about how the internet is a mom's best tool and her worst enemy all at the same time. I find myself falling prey to the vast over-sharing and under-qualifying nature of the internet as it swallows me whole and spits me out usually worse for wear.

Trust me when I say I love the internet for all of the entertainment it provides as well as the answers to questions I'm dying to know. But there are times when it is overwhelming with too much information or it is feeding me opinions instead of facts.

As a mother who does her best to advocate for her children, I feel it is important to take the internet at face value. Just because you type something into Google and it spits out a list of sites relating to your search, doesn't mean you are on track to finding the best answer. As always I encourage anyone who reads this modest little blog to make educated decisions for yourself. Do your due diligence and research before jumping in head first, or just trust your intuition and your "mom gut." It will get you far...

Click here to read my full post.

No comments:

Post a Comment