Wednesday, October 8, 2014

That's My Jam!

I'm always curious what type of music really gets people going when they are working out. Are they listening to hip hop, heavy metal, country, rock? 

(credit)
All I know is a good playlist is essential for motivating me and keeping me going. Music increases my endurance and makes the exercise experience much more positive. When I started out running I'd never make that first mile if I didn't have the right beats carrying me across the pavement. 

I'll even use my music to play mind games with myself, saying things like "just keep going until this song is over!" Or if I'm doing strength training I won't start my reps until it coordinates with the music. But that might just be the dancer/cheerleader in me. Ha!

Anywho, I love seeing other people's playlists because it gives me ideas of songs I may never have considered adding to my repertoire. I thought I'd share some of my workout hits for fun. I typically gravitate to hip hop and pop songs. They get me moving the most!

  1. She Came to Give It to You - Usher featuring Nicki Minaj
  2. Love Runs Out - One Republic
  3. Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
  4. Sing - Ed Sheeran
  5. How You Like Me Now - The Heavy
  6. Come Get It Bae - Pharrell Williams
  7. Work B**ch - Britney Spears (This song always comes on when I need it most!)
  8. E.T. (Noisia Remix) - Katy Perry
  9. Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay Z
  10. Ain't It Fun - Paramore
  11. Good Kisser (Disclosure Remix) - Usher
  12. Talk Dirty (featuring 2 Chains) - Jason DeRulo
  13. Imma Be - The Black Eyed Peas
  14. That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
  15. Up Up & Away - Kid Cudi
What songs make up your workout playlist? Do you play mind games during exercise too? 

1 comment:

  1. I need this kind of music to motivate too. I have most of these on your list, but you have a few I need to check out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete