Saturday, January 3, 2015

Merry, Merry. Happy, Happy.

Merry Christmas!

I'm super late posting our Christmas recap. We've just been having so much fun! For the first time EVER in my working history, I took off from Christmas Eve to Jan 5th. It was such a treat to spend quality time with family and not feel rushed or run-down. I may have to make a habit of this!

Hubs and I have seriously relished the time spent with our kids. The magic of Christmas, quiet snow days at home, their first time sledding and a trip to the museum. It has been pure joy! Laughter and smiles were constant not only for them, but for the two of us as well. I am seriously going to miss those two come Monday morning when I'm back to reality. It's going to be rough!



I'm also going to miss Hubs. Last week the kids did go to school Mon-Wed and we were able to take care of some house stuff and relax like champs! We binge watched House of Cards and ate ice cream sundaes at 2pm. Sometimes being an adult has it's perks. ;)

I had a very ambitious list of things to accomplish on my time off and honestly only checked two things off that list. I am also not proud of the fact that I didn't workout once... but I'm also not ashamed. I needed this time to slow down and rejuvenate. But most importantly to focus on what really matters. My family is what I'm most proud of in my life and everything else is secondary. I soaked it all up this Holiday Season and now I'm ready to face 2015 head-on!

So, Happy New Year!

I saw a quote recently:

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.

This is going to be my motto for 2015. The past year was a doozy for us and not in a good way. We have been humbled greatly from the financial struggles we've faced. It hasn't been pretty and we can't wait to come out the other side of this. Each day is getting better but we still have a ways to go and we'll hopefully reach our goals by the first half of the year. Wish us luck!

But the message in that quote is an important one. Because while I've hated being where we are financially, I need to remember that what I have now... a beautiful family of my own, our health, and our very first house, are "things" I've always hoped for. I have everything I want and need and the rest will fall into place with planning and discipline. 

As far as resolutions go? I resolve to make none. I just want to work hard in 2015 personally and professionally. I want to be a better wife and mother and I know for me what that will entail. I want to enjoy the "now" more because it is fleeting. I also want to really work on losing weight but that seems far too cliche to even mention at the start of the year. Oh, well. Now that I think about it... didn't I just list resolutions after pretending I wasn't going to have any? Hey, it's my blog. I'll do what I want!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and I hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2015! Let's do this!


1 comment:

  1. I love being lazy around the holidays- just lay on the couch with my crazy bunch! :) But it will be nice to get back into a routine!!
    Happy New Year friend!!

    ReplyDelete