Monday, March 2, 2015

March Goals


What's that quote? "March comes in like a lion, out like a lamb." I'm really hoping that rings true this month. I'm over the snow and the cold! Spring fever for sure.

I did embarrassingly horrible with last month's goals.
  1. Get an accurate scale. Just didn't do it.
  2. Lose 5 lbs. Only down 3ish.
  3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Two out of the the four weeks were a home run, the other two? Not even close. In fact this past week I didn't workout once! I was slammed at work so no lunch break workouts and could not bring myself to get up at 5:30am because I was so exhausted!
  4. Get through my Series 6 study guide. I was definitely overzealous with this goal. I need to come up with a new game plan on how I get through these materials. (le sigh)
Basically I am not feeling too hot about February. I also noticed that the weeks I didn't hit my exercise goals were particularly stressful weeks. One was hard outside of work and the other was stressful at work. I am not good with handling my stress and need to get a grip of this ASAP! If I'm going to hit my weight/fitness goals I won't be able to do that by shutting down when times get tough.

So, onward and upward!

March Goals:
  1. Lose 5 lbs. - For real this time!
  2. Exercise at least 3 times per week - I will continue to have this goal in writing until it becomes second nature.
  3. Develop a study calendar for Series 6 materials by 3/9 - My goal last month was too vague. This month mapping my time out will help me tackle this goal.
  4. Take the stairs at work every day - We're on the 4th floor but I enter from the basement so it's a pretty decent climb. I used to do it every day but started to get lazy. There's no time like the present to get back at it!
My goals feel pretty boring but they are very important to me at the present time. I'm hoping to start shifting my focus to goals that feel more productive or fun. But for now, this is it. Wish me luck!

What are your goals for the month?

1 comment:

  1. I love the stairs goal! Seems "easy" to implement!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete